Growth updates in primary care, community medicine and women's services
The following article was written by Heather Aram, vice president of service line and ambulatory development, Novant Health UVA Health System.
We are excited to share lots of new developments over the past couple of months in Virginia. From new locations to expanded program offerings, here’s a snapshot of all the great work underway.
Updates in primary care and community medicine
- Coming soon: Stonewall Medical Plaza will be a combined primary care office with a focus on sports medicine. Check it out in front of Wegmans on Highway 29.
- Do you have a student-athlete who got a little banged up during their Friday night game? Our “black and blue clinic” at Novant Health UVA Health System Bull Run Family Medicine in Linton Hall is open on Friday nights to provide services to patients who are injured during Friday night games.
- Recruitment of new primary care and internal medicine providers is underway. Our goal is to hire 10 new providers within the next 18 months, across the joint operating company with five providers serving Culpeper communities and five providers serving the Haymarket and Manassas communities. We have hired one nurse practitioner and she will start at Bull Run Family Medicine in January 2018.
Women’s services activities and offerings
- Over the past year, women’s services has added community osteoporosis screenings, Girlology, a puberty education program, and a “new dads’ guide” to Novant Health UVA Health System. Women’s services is continuing to grow by offering Myriad Genetics screening in the Haymarket Medical Center Breast Center and Novant Health UVA Health System Lake Manassas OB/GYN offices. This high-risk genetic screening tests for gene mutations linked to common cancers, including breast, ovarian and colorectal.
- Starting in January 2018, all three birthing centers will offer free Baby Boxes to new parents. The box is made from durable cardboard with a firm mattress enclosed and is perfect for baby’s first bed. Parents also receive educational materials, sample baby care items and other resources in support of having a safe sleeping environment for infants.
- We are excited to welcome Kambiz Tajkarimi, MD, a new urologist in our market. Dr. Tajkarimi completed his residency at George Washington University and has completed over 1,300 robotic surgeries. In addition to general urology, his services include female urology, female pelvic prolapse surgery and many more specialty offerings.
We continue to grow and expand our offerings to provide our patients remarkable care close to home. Stay tuned for more updates on our growing service lines.