All adult applicants should first thoroughly read the auxiliary cover letter and application and return the application to Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center. For more information, download the auxiliary handbook. For more information, call 540-829-4280.
Culpeper Hospital Auxiliary Newsletter
Read about Novant Health Auxiliary activities at Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center in the latest edition of our newsletter.
Junior volunteer summer program
If you are under 18 and want to explore hospital careers or volunteer you may be interested in joining the Junior Auxiliary with Novant Health UVA Health System Culpeper Medical Center. Culpeper Hospital Junior Auxiliary application packets are available at the first floor reception desk of the hospital, 501 Sunset Lane, Culpeper, VA. Applicants must be 14-17 (having turned 14 by Jan 1, 2018). Applications are due May 15th. For more information, please contact Kimberly Stewart at email@example.com or call 540-829-4280.
Auxiliary volunteer roles
- Admissions/Escort: Greet and escort incoming patients.
- Coffee shop: Prepare and serve fast foods to visitors and staff.
- Emergency department: Provide supplemental support to Emergency Department (ED) staff, patients and visitors. Must have a minimum of 30 hours in another service area before volunteering in the ED.
- Floor service: Assist nursing staff with patient care.
- Gift shop: Assist customers and stock shelves in our retail shop.
- Knitting and sewing: Make baby caps and wheelchair/walker accessories for patients (may work at home).
- Pet therapy: Volunteers escort and assist therapy dogs and their handlers as they visit patients and staff.
- Reception desk: Greet visitors and provide assistance and information to visitors and staff.
- Specialty volunteers: Individuals with specific career or professional skills that may be needed, such as marketing, human resources and computer technology.
- Surgical waiting area: Volunteers act as a liaison between family members waiting for someone in surgery and the hospital staff.
- Thrift shop: Assist in the retail thrift shop with clothing and household items for sale, located in Meadowbrook Shopping Center, just down the street from the hospital.