On your first visit to Novant Health UVA Health System Caton Merchant House, located on a beautifully-landscaped estate in historic Old Town Manassas, Virginia, you’ll feel like you’ve come home. Offering assisted living, Caton Merchant House offers the conveniences and comforts of home with a personalized level of care and assistance suited to your needs. This is a peaceful place to make friends, stay active – and enjoy life.
for residents and their family
Peace of mind and care you can trust
All of our staff members are licensed or certified and are committed to keeping you or your loved one well cared-for and safe. Our residents find comfort in our low staff-to-resident ratio and a low staff turnover.
Care that’s personalized to your needs
Caton Merchant House also offers many levels of care and support in a home-like environment. Our services and amenities include:
- Three delicious meals and satisfying snacks daily
- 24-hour staff availability and security monitoring
- Social spaces, activity rooms, fireplace area, sun porches, and gardens
- Daily educational and social activities led by full-time recreation staff
- Opportunities to help care for plants, gardens, birds and fish
- On-site hair salon and barber shop
- Medical office for health screenings, physical exams, and simple procedures as well as monthly visits by a podiatrist and geriatric specialist
We also offer short-term respite care for stays between five and thirty days – great for families going on vacation who do not want to leave their loved one alone. For more information on respite care, please call 703-335-8400.
If you need additional help, we will tailor a care plan just for you that can include different levels of assistance with medications, bathing, dressing, toileting, safety monitoring, and diet.
Take a look at our resident service list and service definitions to learn more about our levels of care.
Your choice of floor plans
Residents are “at home” in their own apartments at Caton Merchant House, where you can select from four different floor plans:
- Studio apartment: about 300 square feet with great-room appeal
- Alcove apartment: about 400 square feet in an L-shaped design
- One-bedroom apartment: about 500 square feet with living area and bedroom
- Semi-private apartment: an option for those who would like to share an apartment
Each apartment has a kitchenette, large closet space, individually-controlled heating and air conditioning units, and a large bathroom with accommodating safety shower.
Room fees include weekly housekeeping, personal linen and laundry services, utilities, cable TV hookup, telephone service and two emergency call cords. You can personalize your apartment as you wish and pets are welcome.
See our 2018 staff and pricing guide for more detail about apartments and services.
Want more information about admissions?
Please call our admissions office at 703-335-8400 to arrange a visit, guided tour and complimentary lunch. Before your visit, we encourage you to complete the forms below so that we can better assess your needs and discuss available options with you:
Thank you for your interest in Novant Health UVA Health System Caton Merchant House. We look forward to seeing you soon. Take an online tour of our facilities. Click on a small image to enlarge it.