At Novant Health UVA Health System, we offer programs and surgical procedures that are designed to help improve your quality of life and decrease the time spent in the hospital. Once you are diagnosed with heart failure, we will show you how to monitor your weight, diet, exercise levels, medications and fluid intake and stop using tobacco to help you take control of your condition. Some of the services our locations may offer include:
- Pulmonary artery sensor implantation (CardioMEMS) for chronic heart failure management
- Accurate and efficient diagnosis of the etiology of heart failure
- Personalized medical therapy based on the latest research and guidelines
- Evaluation and referral for bi-ventricular pacemaker/implantable cardiac defibrillator implantation
- Evaluation for surgical therapies including ventricular restoration surgery and valve repair
- Home inotrope infusion therapies
- Intensive education program
- Nutrition counseling to assist with dietary and salt restrictions
- Individual sessions with a licensed professional counselor
- Referral for cardiac rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary stress testing
- Heart failure support group
Learn more about congestive heart failure.
For more information about treatment options, heart failure management or to set up an appointment, contact the Novant Health UVA Health System heart experts at a location nearest you.