PRO.Active is a concussion support group designed to help students of 12 to 18 years of age, with pro-longed concussion symptoms, and their parents/guardians.
The purpose of this group is to facilitate the healing process, both mentally and physically, with like-minded peers under the facilitation of a licensed psychologist.
- Student/Athlete support group meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month starting Feb.13 2018 from 6 to 7 p.m. for six-week intervals.
- Parents/guardians will meet the third Tuesday of the month starting Feb. 20, 2018 from 6 to 7 p.m. for six-week intervals.
- These meetings will be led by Karen Bagley, PhD, MPH, who has an adolescent and family background.
- This support group is the first of its kind in this county, which will provide a safe and welcoming environment for students/athletes and parents/guardians.
- This program is currently held at Prince William Medical Center: 8650 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20110, in Medical Building 1, 4th floor conference room B
Register for a concussion support group
Meet our Provider
Karen Bagley, PhD, MPH
Novant Health UVA Health System Northern Virginia Psychiatric Associates
Dr. Bagley’s clinical experience has included providing psychotherapy services as well as assessment of intellectual, academic, personality, social and emotional functioning. Throughout all of her experiences, she has maintained an interest and focus on working with individuals from diverse backgrounds. She previously served as a liaison to the George Mason University athletic department, providing services to individual student-athletes and consultations to teams, coaches, and athletic department staff.
Need a Concussion Specialist?
NHUVA Bull Run Family Medicine- Manassas
8640 Sudley Rd, #203, Manassas, VA, 20110
NHUVA Bull Run Family Medicine- Linton Hall
10322 Bristow Center Dr, Bristow, VA, 20136
For more information, call 855-MD-SPORT (63-77678).
The program is supported by Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center Foundation.