When you are out of the game with a joint, muscle, bone or head injury, you want the most advanced and fastest treatment available. Often, primary care sports medicine clinicians have the tools get you back in action quickly. They can diagnose and treat sports injuries including overuse injuries, joint dislocation, sprains and strains and concussions.
Our Novant Health UVA Health System primary care sports medicine physicians are board-certified in family medicine and have extensive experience in sports medicine, caring for all ages and levels of athletes.
Our treatment services include:
- X-rays and other diagnostic imaging
- Non surgical treatment of sports-related injuries
- Concussion evaluation and management
- Fracture care (non-surgical)
- Exercise-induced asthma testing
- Overuse injuries and stress fractures
- Casting, bracing and splinting
- Joint injections
Other services offered by Novant Health UVA Health System primary care sports medicine experts include:
- Sports physicals
- Baseline ImPACT testing