If you’re one of the thousands of people who suffer from chronic pain each year, let the pain management specialists of Novant Health UVA Health System help. We offer a wide range of therapies to not only identify the cause of your pain but also minimize its effects, including fatigue, depression, anxiety, frustration and fitful sleep.
Some of the pain conditions we treat include:
- Lower back pain
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Trigger point injections for fibromyalgia
- Post-herpetic neuralgia (Complication of shingles)
- Occipital neuralgia
Individualized care to minimize your pain
Our team of care providers will work with you to create a personalized approach to manage your chronic pain and return you to a functional and productive lifestyle. Some of the services we might recommend include:
- Specialized testing (MRI scans)
- Pain management techniques
- Appropriate therapeutic exercise
- Body mechanics and ergonomic techniques
- Physical reconditioning
- Relaxation and breathing exercises
- Functional restoration (physical therapy)
- Coping and stress management skills
- Pain psychology services
- Medication prescription
Our goals are for you to:
- Have more energy.
- Build your endurance, strength and flexibility.
- Relieve your dependency on drugs, if needed.
- Reduce any symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Improve your sleep quality and quantity.
- Help control your pain.
- Help you return to a functional and productive lifestyle.
- Address any family and behavioral issues.